-Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum-

Reader Supported Silver City News & SW New Mexico, Grant County NM, Gila NF
* Login   * Register

* FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 7 hours

News     Columns     Food: Growing, Fixing     Features     Water     Health     Business     Education     DIY & How-tos     Classifieds     Forum     Home 

Silver City Food Coop

We Are Reader Supported
Your recurring contribution goes to support the Forum, Calendar, and Email List, which exists to further local, sustainable, place-based community.
MONTHLY RECURRING GIFT
    Bill Me Now For: $

ONE-TIME GIFT
Bill Me Now For: $

You may also mail a check or cash to
Moses Clark
PO Box 1792
Silver City, N.M. 88062

Get your ad here

Author ------ Message
 Author: surfin1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:23 am 
I am seeking community input on where to take Gila Community from here. Should it change? Should it stay the same? What are the values that people see? For example, a possible change in hosting might be in the works. Thanks Moses

Author: kentkarendegroff
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:48 pm 
Moses, I've learned so much from the Gila Net over the years. I'm very sorry that I never met your dad. I'm hoping it can continue in whatever way you choose. It would be a shame to lose such a valuable resource, but I know it must take a lot of your time. What are your thoughts?

Author: hayranur
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:01 am 
really glad to see your questions, Moses. What do you need to keep it going?

Author: Khart
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:49 am 
The last few days of NO action within this forum was a reminder of how valuable it really is for us to stay connected as a community and share news and views. It would be very sad for it to die; I'm sure that John would hate to see that happen, as he spent so many years nurturing it.

Obviously it will never be the same without Crow's hand and probing mind. But someone needs to step forward to steward it into the next decade. I know that the actual server was housed at Crow's house, and believe that Moses had a hand in originally setting it up, so he understands the geeky reality. If Moses is willing and interested in taking his father's role with the forum, that sounds like the best option to me. But if this would be a burden for him, we should find someone else who would enjoy the task.

Author: Phillenore
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:40 am 
I find this useful, but perhaps there's a better platform for it.

Author: Zenaida
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:09 am 
I remember when John Fridinger ran the forum. It was great. (Not that it hasn't been great since.) I wish he'd come back. Anyway, I hope it continues in pretty much the same way.