-Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum-

Reader Supported Silver City News & SW New Mexico, Grant County NM, Gila NF
* Login   * Register

* FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 7 hours

News     Columns     Food: Growing, Fixing     Features     Water     Health     Business     Education     DIY & How-tos     Classifieds     Forum     Home 

Silver City Food Coop

We Are Reader Supported
Your recurring contribution goes to support the Forum, Calendar, and Email List, which exists to further local, sustainable, place-based community.
MONTHLY RECURRING GIFT
    Bill Me Now For: $

ONE-TIME GIFT
Bill Me Now For: $

You may also mail a check or cash to
Moses Clark
PO Box 1792
Silver City, N.M. 88062

Get your ad here

Author ------ Message
 Author: Jill Steidl
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:34 pm 
The link below is for a really interesting article on fanatical Christianity in the military, and an organization that protects service men and woman of all religions against it. Its worth reading.

http://www.truth-out.org/no-dominion-th ... orces61214

Jill

Author: Jimmy-D
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:15 am 
This article reminds me of a film clip I watched in Louisiana while caring for my parents during the last year of their lives.

North Louisiana being deeply entrenched in the Bible belt with a mega church on practically corner, I was surrounded by this mode of thought and learned a lot. My sister and brother in law were VERY much involved with their church and this "Christian" world view dominated their entire lives. Needless to say the satellite TV was constantly on, my parents having their favorite programs that kept them entertained and their time occupied. My sister and brother in law would come over to my parents house daily and would switch the channel over to Pat Robertson, John Hagee, or some other Christian fundamentalist fanatic jumping up and down on a stage with his suit coat unbuttoned and waving his black Holy Bible high in the air as he worked his audience up into a spell where their eyes would roll back in their heads, they would all start babbling incoherently at the same time, while some would gather in a tight circle and start bawling and crying over some personal guilt or fear as they consoled one another. I attended a couple of similar services with my sister and family and felt really sorry for all of them.

The congregations were imbued with such guilt and fear that would work its way through the audience to an eventual climax when they would then burst out in verbal praise and thank you to Jesus for suffering torture and dying nailed to a cross as an atonement in their place to please God so that God would then accept them into his kingdom, apparently where everything would then be beautiful and they would walk the streets of gold. And I might add from my observations, gold is what many of them are after in this world too. Like arms sales maybe.

This sort of religion never made sense to me, hence my own personal search and eventual discovery of the Urantia Revelation and a more clear understanding of the personal Thought Adjuster, or fragment of God that indwells my personal incarnation with me and seeks to guide me back home to Havona and an eternity of service in the fulfilling of the eternal and divine purpose in the vast and infinite realms of time and in space - all right here and now of course. Certainly without fear and guilt.

But getting back to the radicalization and weaponization of Christianity, I remember while caring for my parents, seeing a film clip on Pat Robertson's TV network showing a very large indoor auditorium filled to capacity with uniformed American military personnel. They were all being worked up into a frenzy over the "threat of demonic radical Islam" which was deemed a tool of Satan. The service men and women were being convinced that Islam was out to destroy Christianity, America, freedom, and everything they hold dear and then enslave them and their families in the service of the Oman's and Allah, which may as well be the devil himself in their minds. The front lines stopping this Islamic threat was in protecting and defending Israel. This is what is being drummed into the heads of Christians in the U.S. right now. Fighting them in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, or in our airports is the price Americans must pay to defend Israel and hence, America. This is what they are being told, little realizing the war is being waged against all humanity and for the control of the poppy fields, the drug industry, other resources, and territory for the service and control of Talmudic Zionist Israel and its leadership.

I was very concerned seeing this and realized that what I was witnessing was not only the weaponization of Christianity, but the Zionization of the U.S. military using basic mind control steering the herd to go out and kill for Israel. There are Christian churches there in north Louisiana that fly the Israeli flag, having been convinced that Israel is God's chosen land for God's chosen people and if they do not support Israel, then God will visit his wrath upon America and the land. Seems they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If the radical Moooooooslums don't get em, then the wrath of God will. So they Join with the Talmudic Zionist and become Judao-Christians for Zionism, fighting to destroy the enemies of God's chosen people.

Amazing how some people can be influenced by fear and used in the service of materialist to achieve their goal of global and human domination.

This article seems to try and convey exactly the opposite of what I witnessed and continue to witness to this day. That Jesus loving Christians are somehow anti Semitic. I find this article highly suspicious and serving a pro Israeli Zionist agenda, using the treatment Mikey and the underlying theme of "anti Semite" as the continuous and ongoing method of discrediting anyone who may be opposed.

I have to wonder how many of the incidents described in this article taken out of context, blown out of proportion or were outright fabricated to serve the pro Zionist/Israeli agenda. The demonization of the "Tea Party" was one of several red flags. The use of some of the most base words in the English language causes this article to lose a lot of credibility in my book, as does the justification of violence and "beating the s*** out of people who call him names. Blaming some innocent modern day Jew for something Priests, Pharisees, and religious LEADERS did two thousand years ago is ludicrous and sounds fabricated to me.

Israeli Zionist propagandists are pushing this anti Semitic issue via the likes of Abe Foxman, The ADL, and AIPAC to institute more government (police state) control over the American population to destroy our inherent inalienable rights such as freedom of speech - not to silence people from hate speech towards the likes of lil Mikey, but to silence the public from uncovering the Talmudic Zionist agenda of global domination and talking about it. Individual "Jews" the likes of Mr Mikey in this article are merely pawns in this propaganda ploy.

This article runs opposite of my own experience from hanging out in the heart of the Bible belt the past couple years as well as from watching some of the "Christian" programming on satellite tv. Judao-Christianity is very much in vogue in the United States and being put into the service of a greater Israel while the focus on the teachings of Jesus are swept under the rug - out of sight and out of mind.

Very disconcerting

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:41 pm 
I find the idea of a vast Zionist conspiracy somewhat silly at best and bigoted at worst. The idea that demonizing the Tea Party is a red flag or indication of this conspiracy would seem to imply that anyone who voices strong opposition to the Tea Party can be dismissed as a pawn of the Zionists. Hmmm. Not something I would agree with.

I may not agree with Mikey Weiss's meeting violence with violence in his own reactions to how he has been treated, and I may not like some of his language, but I admire his organizations dedication to keeping the military free from religious intolerance.

Jill

Author: timothius
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:14 am 
I read the article and found it out of touch. I spent well over 20 years in the military and found it was more tolerant to race and religion than our main stream society. You see you may not know the man or women next to you, but you have to have the confidence that they have your back, and you have theirs. Race and religion cannot enter the picture. Our Military is a very large international community. During my tour I had many friends from all over the globe and many of us remain friends too this day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:32 pm 
Well Jill, we see what we want to see, and hear what we want to hear unless and until we become honest and unbiased seekers of truth.

How about this story from August 25, 2010: NEW YORK — A college student who did volunteer work in Afghanistan was charged Wednesday with slashing a taxi driver's neck and face after the driver said he's Muslim.

I mentioned the Tea Party reference because it seemed totally out of place in the article. It seemed to be an opportunistic attack on the Tea Party. I am aware that the Tea Party is under attack in main stream media and is being neutered by being infiltrated and now taken over by the Republican party. The Tea Party started out as a populous uprising during the Ron Paul campaign and a push back against a government that has gotten way out of control and taxing and spending and borrowing us into bankruptcy. Seeing the Tea Party demonized in the article just seemed a red flag that led me to wonder if the author of this article is maybe a part of the propaganda machine somehow and by tying the Tea Party in with anti Semitism were attempting to kill two birds with one stone.

I am having a friend send a photo of the Israeli flag flying over the Christian mega church there in North Louisiana. I will share when it arrives.

Timotheus, what I saw on the Christian television broadcast was a very large auditorium filled Christian Zionist military personnel being worked up into a killing frenzy against what was called Satanic Islam to protect God's chosen people and Israel. This is the message of John Hagee and other "preachers" of his ilk.

The only answer to all this division, suffering, and death is for us to accept the knowledge of the reality of the one personal God of Love who is the First Source and Center of all things and beings within the universe of universes along with the subsequent truth of the brotherhood of man (Father, brother, and man being generic terms embracing all humanity if you please) God is truly no respecter of persons and there is no such thing as a chosen people based on race, religion, or ethnicity. Truly in eternity the last shall be first and the first shall be last.

Last edited by Jimmy-D on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:17 pm 
Jimmy,

A Israeli flag over a christian church is LA. doesn't constitute Christian bias in the military! Bro you are pushing the wrong buttons. go back to pushing love! Most people here know me as an asshole if you want to go there? let's go!

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:38 pm 
Jimmy,

In the article its clear that Mikey Weiss has represented Christians, Muslims, and Jews who feel they have either been discriminated against or coerced. I am unsure why you seem to be insinuating that I do not recognize the way we have treated Muslims in this country simply because I think what his organization is doing is a good thing. It is not a Jewish Organization. He happens to be Jewish and so he experienced discrimination targeted at him because of that. I agree with you that Muslims have been treated badly and I am sure that he would as well.

I would agree with you that we all see what we want to see or what we are trained to see. I would not presume to believe that I am beyond or above that, and I hope you do not believe you are.

Suggesting that everyone needs to accept your God in order for to end the divisiveness and suffering is just the kind of thinking that creates the divisiveness in the first place in my view.

Tim, I appreciate your post. I imagine that appropriate behavior and treatment of people within the military is more common than inappropriate discrimination or coersive treatment so what you say does not suprise me. His law practice and organization are targeted at religious discrimination where it occurs in the military which is why he sees so much of it. I would also imagine that discrimination, particularly against muslims, has increased in the years since 9/11, which may mean that things have changed a bit since you left the military.

Jill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:06 pm 
Tim, those were two separate incidents. Not sure what you are saying about the two being the same. I think you are reading more into my post than was intended. Peace brother peace... i never said anything about bias in the military, only that a group in that auditorium was being worked up into a killing frenzy to go out and kill Muslims in Iraq or Afghanistan somewhere. I was in the military as well and made a lot of friends from many races and religions. We were all the same in there. I'm with you on that.

Jill, I see nothing divisive in the brotherhood of man and the fatherhood of God, unless someone wants to make an issue of whether we call God Father or Mother which is irrelevant.

I see no reason for discrimination for any reason. I believe we are all in this together and rather than focus on differences, look for what we have in common and support each other along those lines.

Wishing you all, Mr Weiss, and the Muslim cab driver the best for the Christmas season and in the new year to come.

Jim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:57 pm 
If there was "nothing divisive" about the way humans think and feel about God, we would not have been killing each other in the name of God for centuries.

If there were nothing divisive about our ideas of God and of those who practice differently than we do, I suspect there would be no paranoia about a Zionist conspiracy and no need to provide legal redress for victims of religious intolerance in the military and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If there was nothing divisive about how we see God, those in power would not be able to use fear of people who believe differently as a tool to control populations and maintain power.

jill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:04 am 
From the perspective you present here, you are correct. As long as people have free will, there exists the possibility for differences of opinion. It is when people act upon those differences of opinion and discriminate is when we have problems. I agree with tolerance, understanding, patience, and love to bring people with differences of opinion or religious beliefs together. We have more in common than we may realize. This is a goal I intend to work towards in the new year -

Peace, Jim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:14 am 
Jim,

Peace Brother! I am so sick of the wars and people killing each other for the sake of God! Face it I have my beliefs, and you and Jill and everyone else has theirs. I see organized religion as slavery, and mind control, not hope for mankind. Have a great Holiday and now I am going to seek some personal peace!

Best

Tim

Author: citoyen
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm 
Killing each other for God? What century is this?

They are warring over oil and resources! The right wing in the USA may use religion to sucker Bible Belt voters into supporting their wars, but rest assured they are fighting for OIL!

Israel is fighting for survival, but then Israel isn't involved in the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.... Nope, it's Halliburton and the Oil Company brat GW Bush doing that.