-Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum-

Reader Supported Silver City News & SW New Mexico, Grant County NM, Gila NF
* Login   * Register

* FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 7 hours

News     Columns     Food: Growing, Fixing     Features     Water     Health     Business     Education     DIY & How-tos     Classifieds     Forum     Home 

Silver City Food Coop

We Are Reader Supported
Your recurring contribution goes to support the Forum, Calendar, and Email List, which exists to further local, sustainable, place-based community.
MONTHLY RECURRING GIFT
    Bill Me Now For: $

ONE-TIME GIFT
Bill Me Now For: $

You may also mail a check or cash to
Moses Clark
PO Box 1792
Silver City, N.M. 88062

Get your ad here

Author ------ Message
 Author: Jill Steidl
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:56 pm 
The link below is from today's Democracy Now replaying of a good Jeremy Scahill interview with Dennis Kucinich about the assassination of American citizens using drone strikes.

After a really great acceptance speech by Obama last night, I have no doubt that he is ready to be called to the mat about things like this. He lauded our nation for the way it argues issues and reminded us that there are countries whose citizens are fighting for the right to "argue" political/ethical/moral issues as we do. Electing him (or respecting him) doesn't mean we have to agree with everything he does.

Kucinich mentions a conference of some kind that he is putting on in a couple of weeks about the drone strike question. I'm looking forward to what he and others have to say then.

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/11/7/j ... ucinich_in

Jill

Author: Jill Steidl
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:29 pm 
By the way the discussion between Amy Goodman, Benjamin Jealous (president and CEO of the NAACP), and Laura Flanders (host of GritTV) on the same show is also wonderful, though it isn't about drone attacks.

http://www.democracynow.org/?autostart= ... _full_show

Author: Bruce
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:22 pm 
The problem with drone assassinations is that soon anybody’s going to be able to do them. You don’t need a fancy billion dollar drone with missiles. You can get a simple hobbyist helicopter or airplane drone for under $200, or a more sophisticated one for a little more. What would it take to convert one for assassinations? You don’t want to know (or at least I hope not).

Bruce