-Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum-

Reader Supported Silver City News & SW New Mexico, Grant County NM, Gila NF
* Login   * Register

* FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 7 hours

News     Columns     Food: Growing, Fixing     Features     Water     Health     Business     Education     DIY & How-tos     Classifieds     Forum     Home 

Silver City Food Coop

We Are Reader Supported
Your recurring contribution goes to support the Forum, Calendar, and Email List, which exists to further local, sustainable, place-based community.
MONTHLY RECURRING GIFT
    Bill Me Now For: $

ONE-TIME GIFT
Bill Me Now For: $

You may also mail a check or cash to
John Crow
PO Box 1792
Silver City, N.M. 88062

Get your ad here

Author ------ Message
 Author: jef
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:20 am 
Here in the States the attempt to scare us into submission goes on. In other places, not so much.
"In Australia, where the winter season has begun, Federal Health Minister Nicola Roxon is reassuring parents the swine flu is no more dangerous than regular seasonal flu. "Most people, including children, will experience very mild symptoms and recover without any medical intervention," she said."
From the same article, a discussion of things besides live critters that the vaccine will contain, including squalene, similar to motor oil, which is not approved by the FDA. The Feb. 2000 issue of the Journal of Experimental Molecular Pathology published a study by the Tulane Medical School that cited 95% of vets experiencing Gulf War Syndrome (GWS) had received a vaccine containing squalene.
For the full story check out this link; http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... posed.aspx
Elizabeth

Author: Peter D
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:24 am 
Thanks Elizabeth!
For More info, here's a webpage that lists vaccine ingredients:
http://www.novaccine.com/vaccine-ingredients/
The swine vaccine isn't out yet, so not on this list, but this gives you an idea what is in vaccines.
The webpage has an anti vaccine bias, but has links to show that these are the actual ingredients.

Author: jef
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:50 am 
I checked one vaccine that was required for getting my child into school 25 years ago - whooping cough. What a revelation! I highly recommend this site. Thanks, Peter. Here's another vaccine that the 'health' community thinks is appropriate for my granddaughter ...

"There have been a total of 47 deaths linked to Gardasil since it was brought to market in 2006, according to a press release issued by Judicial Watch, which says it has obtained records from the FDA. In 2008 alone 28 women and girls died after receiving Gardasil injections (up from 19 deaths in 2007).
In all the FDA documented 6,723 adverse events related to Gardasil in 2008, of which 1,061 were considered "serious," and 142 considered "life threatening,” the group reported."

And from Dr. Mercola's site; http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... -Next.aspx "Merck has convinced millions of girls to get vaccinated with Gardasil by instilling in them a fear of the sexually transmitted disease human papilloma virus, or HPV. While it’s true that many women get HPV, and in a small number of cases HPV can progress to cervical cancer, this fear-mongering is only revealing a select assortment of facts.

Merck would like you to hear that 6 million women contract HPV annually -- but they do not tell you that most of those cases are harmless. Your body can clear up HPV on its own, and does so more than 90 percent of the time!

At least 50 percent of sexually active men and women acquire genital HPV infection at some point in their lives, according to the National Prevention Information Network (NPIN). Most often, the infection causes no symptoms at all, and is easily cleared up by your immune system.

Even the National Cancer Institute says:

"It is important to note, however, that the great majority of high-risk HPV infections go away on their own and do not cause cancer."

In some cases the infection can result in genital warts, and much less often, cervical and other genital cancers. But cervical cancer actually claims less than 3,900 women a year -- most of which are due to not getting regular Pap smears.

So before you even think about getting vaccinated with Gardasil (or having your daughter vaccinated), realize that it’s for a virus that clears up on its own 90 percent of the time. Merck has convinced millions of girls to get vaccinated with Gardasil by instilling in them a fear of the sexually transmitted disease human papilloma virus, or HPV. While it’s true that many women get HPV, and in a small number of cases HPV can progress to cervical cancer, this fear-mongering is only revealing a select assortment of facts."

Elzabeth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:49 pm 
7 minute interview from MSNBC with Robert Kennedy Jr on vaccines and thimerosal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrIM2hwrLoc

From the interview
--no cases of autism before the 1930s when thimerosal was put in vaccines.
--big jump in numbers of autism cases after after 1989, when they doubled the number of vaccines for kids.

Author: Jill Steidl
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:39 pm 
Hi Peter,

I just wanted to pass along info that isn't clear from the video of Robert Kennedy. None of the vaccines given to infants or small children contain thimerosol anymore, including the single dose flu vaccine for little ones.

It does still exist in a couple of vaccines used for adolescents and adults including the flu vaccine used for those age ranges. The rational behind this is that the dose of thimerosol in the vaccine is less than that which you would ingest in a can of tuna and less than what the EPA would currently consider dangerous for older kids and adults.

I'm not looking to convince anyone that any level of Thimerosol is safe. I just wanted to clarify that it is no longer present in vaccines given to infants and toddlers who are in the age group at risk for autism.

Jill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:24 am 
Thanks Jill, either Kennedy was wrong on infants getting mercury, or it's out of date (video posted in 2007)

Author: Jill Steidl
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:21 pm 
Hey Peter,

Robert wasn't wrong. But I think the last of the vaccines for infants that contained Thimerosol were put out in 2003 so they have not been in use for some years. I think his point had more to do with the association between Thimerosol and autism (I do not know the stats on that myself but clearly there was enough concern to take Thimerosol out of the vaccines given to infants) and he just didn't get around to talking about the fact that it had been remove from most vaccines by that time.

Jill

Author: EGGreen
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:40 pm 
I read somewhere that people 60 and over have almost never contracted H1N1 so it doesn't make sense for them to get the vaccine. Another plus for being older!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:49 pm 
Following up on the autism/vaccine question, here is an in-depth debate between two journalists who have extensively researched this issue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q65OrjUWbRQ&eurl=
Though mercury was taken out of infant vaccines in 2003, this is not just an academic debate, especially for those dealing with autism, but also for those adults who take mercury into their system, through the flu shot for example.