-Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum-

Reader Supported Silver City News & SW New Mexico, Grant County NM, Gila NF
* Login   * Register

* FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 7 hours

News     Columns     Food: Growing, Fixing     Features     Water     Health     Business     Education     DIY & How-tos     Classifieds     Forum     Home 

Silver City Food Coop

We Are Reader Supported
Your recurring contribution goes to support the Forum, Calendar, and Email List, which exists to further local, sustainable, place-based community.
MONTHLY RECURRING GIFT
    Bill Me Now For: $

ONE-TIME GIFT
Bill Me Now For: $

You may also mail a check or cash to
John Crow
PO Box 1792
Silver City, N.M. 88062

Get your ad here

Author ------ Message
 Author: crow
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:42 am 
A number of readers have been asking where I've been since I've not been writing as much. Though I've kept watch on many ongoing investigations I've written little and this perhaps is one of the hardest. Three or so months ago my friend, my best friend for 40+ years experienced a rapid onset of illness and she rapidly approached deaths door twice, first with the illness and again from the treatment which hospitalized her for 6 days, then half way through this my 92 year old mother experienced a rapid execration of long term health issues and we put her in a volunteer hospice program a couple of weeks ago.

My best friend is a survivor so far but my mom has passed on to the other side peacefully. So not to worry, Gila Community News and all things local is still my passion and focus returns, though slowly it seems.

Author: MineralMama
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:39 am 
Healing & comforting prayers are being said for your friend & mother, as you find the strength & peace within you to carry on. Thank you for all you do in keeping the community up-to-date & informed, Crow. Abundant blessings always!

Author: Raye
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:03 am 
Thanks, Mineralmama, for expressing it so beautifully for all of us who gain so much from Crow's ongoing hard work.

Author: EGGreen
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:06 am 
Crow, you are a gift to this community, a treasure! If there were a "Person of the Year" award for this community, I'd vote for you to be the first recipient. Your eyes, your words, your presence touch us all. I'm sorry for your loss, for the difficulties you've been going through. Life can be so tough at times, and yet, with friends, with love, and peace we make it through. God's rich and wonderful unexpected blessings from unexpected people and places be yours!

Author: Ward A. Rudick
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:31 am 
My condolence for your loss and best wished to your friend for a strong recovery! You're the Best! Thanks for all you do for our community!
Ward

Author: mousie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:39 am 
Crow, for all you do for this community, it's time we gather around you with prayers and support for you, your friend and your mother. Blessed be.
mousie

Author: jaxonb
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:02 pm 
Crow,
Words come hard.

Heartfelt condolences on the passing of your mom. And my very best wishes for the recovery of your best friend's health.

Many of us are out here holding thoughts of you close in these hard times. We all thank you for your service to our community.

Author: halfacrefarm
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:11 pm 
JC,

You don't get nearly the recognition you deserve for all you do for us, and the rest of this community. You are an amazing inspiration for all, and one many of us may sometimes take for granted.

THANK YOU for doing what you do - I doubt anyone else could/would do it with the dedication and fairness that you demonstrate, day after day, year after year...

Condolences for your loss, we trust in all that is and will be - but our thoughts will be a little more for you in these days.

C and H

Author: rmahler
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:10 pm 
Each of my mornings begins, Crow, with a peek at your website and a review of new postings. I depend on the calendar to inform me of upcoming events and broaden my understanding of my community. In short, the service you provide is invaluable and I thank you, particularly for the insightful reportage you work so hard to provide. I wish you well in the process of grieving losses of loved ones and celebrating what precious lives have to offer. A cyber-bow in your direction.

Author: ynotwrite2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:11 pm 
my deepest sympathy for your loss, especially your mom. we love what you do for our community and we appreciate your liking it so much. we all need breaks from our business in life..too often the illnesses and passage of loved ones are it.

Author: deandrascrews
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:40 pm 
Heartfelt condolences on the passing of your mom. And my very best wishes for the recovery of your best friend's health.