-Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum-

Reader Supported Silver City News & SW New Mexico, Grant County NM, Gila NF
* Login   * Register

* FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 7 hours

News     Columns     Food: Growing, Fixing     Features     Water     Health     Business     Education     DIY & How-tos     Classifieds     Forum     Home 

Silver City Food Coop

We Are Reader Supported
Your recurring contribution goes to support the Forum, Calendar, and Email List, which exists to further local, sustainable, place-based community.
MONTHLY RECURRING GIFT
    Bill Me Now For: $

ONE-TIME GIFT
Bill Me Now For: $

You may also mail a check or cash to
John Crow
PO Box 1792
Silver City, N.M. 88062

Get your ad here

Author ------ Message
 Author: crow
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:00 pm 
Gila (Region) Community News celebrates 8 years of reader supported news, discussion and calendar and "they" said it couldn't be done or it wouldn't last, but here we are, still going strong. A community, to survive and thrive needs an open source of communication such as Gila Community News with its relevant flow of News and Features. And now we really need our readers support for this reader supported media as bills need to be paid and the server and modem is getting old and need replacement which alone could run about $2,000. I've not begged for money in many months and things just keep getting tighter as people forget to contribute or move away and cancel their recurring contribution.

On the left side of every page is a "gifting" module that connects to PayPal and also has a snail mail address. The best way to ensure the bills are paid (including mine) is to set up a "recurring" monthly gift for as low as $5.00 per month or more for those who can afford it. For those who can't afford a gift, the site will forever remain free to read and comment on.

And special thanks to those who continue to contribute both periodically and regularly without me begging for dollars, you rock.

Author: factoted
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:15 am 
John Crowe - you are the one that ROCKS !!! Your hard work and persistence have been the reason the GRCN has survived. The site is a valuable asset to the Silver community and I hope people open their wallets to insure it continues for at least another 8 years. Thanks soooo much.

Author: alli
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:19 pm 
You might get more donations if you did an article (with pic) on Al Milligan from the WNMU thread.

Author: crow
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:06 pm 
Huh? You think I should write articles for money? The high level of standards I demand of posters/community input begins with myself. Al will make or break it on his own merits as a researcher and writer. The world, hey, even our our community is more than a single issue and each, like wnmu, is an integral part in making for a better life here.

Author: ynotwrite2
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:21 pm 
i totally agree with factoted, Crow rocks !

Author: blue123
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:12 am 
ecause there seemed to be a consensus that something needs/should be done about the economics and what some called the "quality of life" in Grant County inspite of opposition and defeat of the proposals, a community dialog needs to take place, ideas floated and analyzed and our local government petitioned. These discussions can include proposals for any of the municipalities within Grant County or Grant County as a whole.

Author: catbird
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:11 am 
I don't often write nor I confess read but I am working on both and there will be a check in the mail for this great forum Monday. Thank you