-Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum-

Reader Supported Silver City News & SW New Mexico, Grant County NM, Gila NF
* Login   * Register

* FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 7 hours

News     Columns     Food: Growing, Fixing     Features     Water     Health     Business     Education     DIY & How-tos     Classifieds     Forum     Home 

Silver City Food Coop

We Are Reader Supported
Your recurring contribution goes to support the Forum, Calendar, and Email List, which exists to further local, sustainable, place-based community.
MONTHLY RECURRING GIFT
    Bill Me Now For: $

ONE-TIME GIFT
Bill Me Now For: $

You may also mail a check or cash to
Moses Clark
PO Box 1792
Silver City, N.M. 88062

Get your ad here

Author ------ Message
 Author: crow
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:52 am 
Top selling Amazon author, Nadia Skye Nolan returns to her hometown to read from her new novel, “Beneath the Bleeding Tree” on Saturday, November 4, 2017, from 2 to 4 p.m. at Javalina’s Coffee House, 117 W. Market St.

Raised in Silver City, Nolan’s enchanting novels and bestselling poetry are inspired by the stark New Mexican landscape, and the characters whom call it home.

“Beneath the Bleeding Tree” is Nolan’s third novel, and a departure from her previous series, Adventures in Thornynbook. Her newest novel follows quest of a young woman who sells her soul to save her sister and her struggles to protect her loved ones after making such a devastating decision.

Nolan admits, like most authors, to writing a bit of herself into her characters. She feels an affinity for the ambiguous and mysterious character of Killian. “I relate to him.” Nolan said, “I feel like anyone who has felt like an imperfect person might be able to relate to him.”

Nolan added, “This is my chance to share my writing with people who haven't heard of me before and to celebrate the release of this book. I'm excited to be able to share my writing with my hometown.”

A graduate of Silver High and Western New Mexico University, Nolan is currently pursuing an interdisciplinary Master’s degree in English and Writing at the University of New Mexico. If that wasn’t enough to keep the 24-year old author busy, she is participating in the National Novel Witting Month Challenge held every November.

Nolan said the challenge keeps her motivated to complete her novels, “I wrote the middle section of Beneath the Bleeding Tree last November, and hope to write the next novel in the world of Opterra this month. If I manage it, this will be the fifth year in a row I've completed a work during the Challenge.”

The novel also features the work of local artist Chelsea Boone.

The public is invited to attend the reading and book signing on Saturday, November 4, 2017, from 2 to 4 p.m. at Javalian’s Coffee House, 117 W. Market St. Coffee, appetizers and conversation will follow Nolan’s reading. Printed copies of “Beneath the Bleeding Tree” will be for sale, and she will gladly sign copies of all her works. The novel is also available at Amazon.com digitally and in print.

For more information contact Nolan at Nadiaskyenolan@gmail.com or visit her website at http://www.nadiaskyenolan.com.