-Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum-

Reader Supported Silver City News & SW New Mexico, Grant County NM, Gila NF
* Login   * Register

* FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 7 hours

News     Columns     Food: Growing, Fixing     Features     Water     Health     Business     Education     DIY & How-tos     Classifieds     Forum     Home 

Silver City Food Coop

We Are Reader Supported
Your recurring contribution goes to support the Forum, Calendar, and Email List, which exists to further local, sustainable, place-based community.
MONTHLY RECURRING GIFT
    Bill Me Now For: $

ONE-TIME GIFT
Bill Me Now For: $

You may also mail a check or cash to
John Crow
PO Box 1792
Silver City, N.M. 88062

Get your ad here

Author ------ Message
 Author: Todd
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:40 pm 
This Free training is supported by a grant and planned for this winter, contact me to sign up. E-mail me at: Todddennymsw@gmail.com

Break the Cycle of Addiction, Suicide and Drug Abuse With This Prevention Program. Our music mentors core teams perform weekly to middle school youth and older students.This positive peer influence included modeling responsible behaviors, healthy lifestyles and avoiding alcohol and drugs.The ongoing performances instilled a sense of purpose for many youth and supported a positive view of their personal future.The youth had something to prepare for and look forward to on a weekly basis.

For some students sports fills the need for extracurricular activities, our model engages the majority of youth not involved in athletics in an ongoing artistic manner. Follow-up discussions with youth and staff revealed strong support for the efficacy of the music academy to enable youth to understand and express their thoughts and feelings about living a healthy lifestyle and avoiding addictive behaviors in their lives.

What People Are Saying About Music Mentors Program

"Inspirational music and messages.
Rob Mckenna, former Washington State Attorney General

"... among the best presentations our students had experienced in their academic careers."
Ann Kokkeler, University of Oregon, Substance Abuse Program

web site: http://todddennymsw.com/index.html