-Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum-

Reader Supported Silver City News & SW New Mexico, Grant County NM, Gila NF
* Login   * Register

* FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 7 hours

News     Columns     Food: Growing, Fixing     Features     Water     Health     Business     Education     DIY & How-tos     Classifieds     Forum     Home 

Silver City Food Coop

We Are Reader Supported
Your recurring contribution goes to support the Forum, Calendar, and Email List, which exists to further local, sustainable, place-based community.
MONTHLY RECURRING GIFT
    Bill Me Now For: $

ONE-TIME GIFT
Bill Me Now For: $

You may also mail a check or cash to
Moses Clark
PO Box 1792
Silver City, N.M. 88062

Get your ad here

Author ------ Message
 Author: rearnheart
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:51 pm 
Following these last few days closely you may have noticed a sharp uptick in the race towards a political uprising; a soft take over, a usurpation of American democracy to create a kleptocracy of the first order. Much has been discussed on this Forum about the real/unreal Presidency and defenders and resisters have spoken their piece. This is not an extension of that . I say in all seriousness that we are facing an imminent threat to our personal freedoms much in the same way that the Tea Party people and conspiratists have spoken of in the past, with the exception that it isn't the Left or Liberals 'taking away your guns' , it's Russia destroying the United States through Donald Trump and the unforgivable actions of Congress that allow him to do it.

We will know very soon if this soft takeover of the country has started; it will be the firing of Robert Mueller after firing Jeff Sessions. This has been discussed as nauseum on this Forum, the only real difference from those discussions is the disturbing reality that it will no longer be an exercise.

There was a post some time ago about local and national protests should Mueller be fired. If any one has information on how to find out about these actions I would appreciate a posting here on the Gila.

Never would I have thought that this series of events could even potentially happen in this country. Now it seems very close and very real. If I cry wolf, I cry wolf; I would embrace the humiliation of being wrong over the nightmare of being right.

RE