-Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum-

Reader Supported Silver City News & SW New Mexico, Grant County NM, Gila NF
* Login   * Register

* FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

News     Columns     Food: Growing, Fixing     Features     Water     Health     Business     Education     DIY & How-tos     Classifieds     Forum     Home 

Silver City Food Coop

We Are Reader Supported
Your recurring contribution goes to support the Forum, Calendar, and Email List, which exists to further local, sustainable, place-based community.
MONTHLY RECURRING GIFT
    Bill Me Now For: $

ONE-TIME GIFT
Bill Me Now For: $

You may also mail a check or cash to
John Crow
PO Box 1792
Silver City, N.M. 88062

Get your ad here

Author ------ Message
 Author: crow
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:45 pm 
And Romney recently says: ""No one's ever asked to see my birth certificate. They know that this is the place that I was born and raised." In other words "Because I'm white nobody asks me". Great applause of approval. "Hey, we're not racist" they say. No? Maybe just white supremacists, born to dominate the world in the image of WASP (white anglo saxon protestant (not catholic)), profits and control for profits.

Of course the Democrats have their own lie: "We have to be more aggressive to show that we are not week on security or nobody would vote for us and our great social programs". Was that ever true?

Author: desertjim
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:57 am 
There's certainly enough garbage to go around! However, I know that we aren't capable of reading the hearts of people, so who can say whether any one person in particular is prejudiced? We all are, to some degree, and with some issues. If I tell a Jewish joke, does that make me prejudiced toward Jews? Or if I use certain words that are in the Ebonics Dictionary, does that make me prejudiced against blacks? No, it doesn't, but the audience might think so, based upon their OWN prejudices. And, certain remarks can be very insensitive at times, so we should error on the side of caution. Not like the "slip" that Biden made. Slip. Gimme a break, he said that to intimate that the GOP is racially prejudiced. See? There I go......reading Biden's heart. lol. What do YOU think?

Author: T-bird-Rick
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:46 pm 
I dont know, but look at all the minorities I didnt see at the Nat'l Repub. Convention

Author: desertjim
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:18 pm 
You didn't see me there, either (smile).