-Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum-

Reader Supported Silver City News & SW New Mexico, Grant County NM, Gila NF
* Login   * Register

* FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 7 hours

News     Columns     Food: Growing, Fixing     Features     Water     Health     Business     Education     DIY & How-tos     Classifieds     Forum     Home 

Silver City Food Coop

We Are Reader Supported
Your recurring contribution goes to support the Forum, Calendar, and Email List, which exists to further local, sustainable, place-based community.
MONTHLY RECURRING GIFT
    Bill Me Now For: $

ONE-TIME GIFT
Bill Me Now For: $

You may also mail a check or cash to
Moses Clark
PO Box 1792
Silver City, N.M. 88062

Get your ad here

Author ------ Message
 Author: surfin1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:12 pm 
My dad John Crow is dying and has chosen to be at home. He has been sick for a few months and has recently taken a major down turn. Between heart failure and internal bleeding hospice does not think he has long.

Author: MacAlan
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:05 pm 
I am sorry to learn that John is sick. I don't know him well, but in the two years I've lived in Silver, John has always been friendly and kind to me. Please pass along my warm regards and wishes for an easy transition.

Author: Bruce
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:28 pm 
Among the many services John Crow has provided to our community is running this forum for many years. Thanks, John, for all you have done to support us. You are a true citizen.

Bruce

Last edited by Bruce on Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Author: gorwest
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:29 pm 
I am very sad to hear that, John has long been one of my favorite characters around Silver and he has done us all a great service. My best wishes for the rest of his days here.

Author: n2ic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:38 pm 
Oh no ! So sorry to hear this.

John has provided great services to the community for many years.

Author: msauber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:09 pm 
John,
You've been an essential and invaluable part of this community for so long and It's been an honor to have been a friend and known you throughout this time. A world of blessings on you. You will be in our hearts forever.
Michael and Karyn

Author: untamed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:06 pm 
So sad to hear this. John has kept my computer functioning for years. I've admired his courageous and tireless search for the truth, and his quirky humor. This forum is invaluable. Thank you for everything, John. You'll be sorely missed. Safe passage.

Author: SMB
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:29 pm 
John, you will always be in our hearts, as you have been in our lives for many, many years. Dean, Willow, and I met you and Meadow with your brand new Willow at Faywood a very long time ago, and before that our paths crossed in North San Juan at Penny's farm, although we didn't know it until decades later. Be at peace and know you leave behind a better place for having been here. Safe journey home. Our love to you, Dean and Sharon

Author: Karen B
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:32 pm 
We are only somewhat acquainted, but I feel much respect for what I know of Mr. Crow. Holding him and all who love him in the light with prayers for a gentle journey.
Karen B

Author: whudson43
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:03 pm 
John,
This news comes as such a shock, especially to those of us living out of town. Your steady presence, providing the community with reliable news, a forum for the exchange of ideas, and occasionally simply a place to bitch when there was nothing else to do. I will clearly miss your attendance at all the community events you have always graced us with; I will miss your quiet humor. As difficult as it is to say, I hope your passing is as quick as you find it necessary. You will forever be a part of who we are. Thank you.

Author: bdlb
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:06 am 
I know him and care that John is on his way away.
Rest in peace now and always.
Nancy

Author: Thelynno22
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:07 am 
Peace and love John Crow

Author: hayranur
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:44 am 
Knew you'd never miss covering last week's March for our Lives unless something serious was going on. Thank you for giving so much to our community, Crow. You will be long remembered with love.

Author: fargo
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:07 am 
Thank you John for your work and kindness.

Author: JoeButts
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:20 am 
It is with a heavy heart and tearful eyes we hear this news.
John, every time we've met, you've brought joy and light into our day.
You've had so much impact and import to our community throughout your time here.
You and your energy will be sorely missed by all.
Our sincerest sympathy to your family. Let us know if we can help.
Happy Trails Buckaroo.
See you on the other side.
Joe & Cecilia

Author: nigelvann
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:48 am 
Our thoughts are with you - John, Moses and family. John, you’re a good man - thank you for all you’ve done for this community.

Nigel and Denise

Author: AdrienneDare
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:58 am 
What a shock this morning to see the sad news about John. I met John years ago but I don't think he knows me. I certainly appreciate all the work he has done in our community to inform us of what is gong on. He will be be missed by me and many others.

Author: almilligan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:04 am 
I never met John. He was a force for truth in the community.

Al Milligan

Author: alivenkikin
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:08 am 
My heart is breaking at learning this news. I thought to myself a few days ago that I needed to check-in with John since I hadn't seen or heard from him in quite awhile. Your dad provided a great service to this community. Please give him my love, and wishes for a safe journey home to be rejoined with Meadow.
Cynthia

Author: c breen-lee
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:11 am 
We are so sad to hear this terrible news. We wondered why you weren't at the last few local events. We wish you and yours a peaceful ending. Soon you will be with Meadow and leave those of us here with warm memories.
Peace
Candace & Bob

Author: lalalynda
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:22 am 
May John's passage be kind and gentle. May the Goddess guard him. May he find his way to the Summerlands to rejoin his beloved Meadow. May all his family and friends know abiding peace in their hearts.

Author: Khart
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:35 am 
I walk past Crow's eclectic house every morning when I walk my dogs and always think of him as busy working in his garden, adding more charm to his home, working late into the night maintaining this forum, and being the stalwart reporter he has always been, holding all authorities to the truth of the matter. We all love you and hope your transition goes smoothly.

Author: choshe
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:55 am 
Thank you, John, for sharing your keen insights and helping me get "on-Board." You have been in my heart and mind the past few days, and I know that for all of these years, and in all its many forms & forums, GilaCommunity.net has been a watershed that has nourished our "sustainable community."

To each person is given insights that only they can share with the world; as Aristotle said, you can't have a functioning democracy unless each person is given the encouragement and opportunity to express their unique insights and wisdom, and you have certainly given us those opportunities.

As Shakespeare said, "Our bodies are our gardens, to which our wills are gardeners," and you have tended this garden well. May you find the Meadow of your dreams again and flow with her like streams of light into the night, like the twin souls that Swedenborg described as becoming one angel of love.

As you journey to the "Cosmic Campground," may you glow like the motto of New Mexico--"Crescit eundo"--"It grows as it goes" because the Territorial legislature chose this phrase to describe New Mexico's path as a comet across the sky, and you certainly have been one....

Let your light shine!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_of_New_Mexico

Author: Pat W
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:15 am 
Tears in my eyes as I write this, John you have been such a force in this community, know you are loved and will be cherished and missed forever.

Author: PF
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:24 am 
John has been a selfless contributor and an important asset to this community. He has done a great deal of good. Thank you, John, for all your good work.

Author: sh1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:44 am 
Best wishes for John and his family. He has been a wonderful citizen of this town, and a friendly face and consciousness I was always glad to run into and converse with. He's never been shy or coy about facing whatever's going on around him, and I'm sure he'll face this last challenge with the same honesty and humor he's shown for years and years as the fearless custodian of this news site. Shelby

Author: alan wagman
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:12 am 
John, you've lit a lot of candles in a lot of hearts. Your flame will burn on. Blessings, my brother, AW

Author: muttlover2
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:15 am 
For John, a peaceful leave-taking when the time is right. To your family, sympathy and shared sorrow as you respect John's wishes with your love and care, there are no words...just heartfelt sympathy for all that you are going through.

Author: AlgaePower
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:29 am 
John Crow -

Thanks for being You! I am thinking/feeling of you...ever humble, inquisitive, genuine, caring, a true character! Wishing you peace and grace on your journey. This one will be epic...

Much Love and a big hug,

Asher

Author: factoted
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:46 am 
John !!! I had no idea you were so ill. You are such an essential part of this community. I will miss our chats at the Coop. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Author: rearnheart
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:32 am 
Dearest John..you have given your soulful all to this community for generations. You have cleared roads for the hearts of many that were clogged with the baggage of former lives all seeking a new, closer path to wilderness and life which,in truth, are the same. You were the first to call me in ICU in Cruces. You heard the call on your scanner. I can see you know, hunching over a receiver late at night, a kind of watchman for us, as if we were all in your care.
We have all failed you, John. We have not given back to you the money and time you really required for this Forum to survive. But you did it anyway. You wanted all voices to be heard. There were times, my friend, when controversy divided us and opinions concretized grinding all discussions to a halt. You massaged the blockage. We carried on...all because of you.
May you cross the Great River in Peace. We will all be blessed if your spirit is born in another.
All my love..
Richard

Author: BigBird
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:37 am 
Thanks for all you've done for us, John. Go with God.

Author: Kevin B
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:52 am 
Crow, it was just a few days ago that I drove by your house expecting to see you outside, working in the garden or adding another detail to the front porch. As I write this the post-it note attached to my monitor catches my eye. It's got your phone number on it. I now realize just how long it's been there, it's surprising the glue still sticks.

I so deeply appreciate the thoughts and conversations we've shared over the years. No doubt so many others who have spent time with you enjoy their own such memories, similar in their uniqueness. True immortality is found within those many memories you leave behind.

I would so dearly love to see you once more my friend, and so this sad news of your state leaves me bereft. Before heading off on this last journey I hope you once again get to feel the warmth of our desert sun on your face, hear that simple sound of the bees busily at work in your backyard and take in the aroma of that amazing variety of plants you've given home to there. When the moment comes let that soft breeze fill your sail and on a calm sea carry you gently across the horizon. Our hearts and our thoughts go with you. - Kevin and Cher

Author: Zenbirder
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:39 pm 
Thank you so much for all you have done for this community. This activism is rare in humans and is symptomatic of you being an exception to the humdrum. You did good. Susan and Tom

Author: conch1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:17 pm 
John, Your big heart has served you well. Thanks for being in Silver City and caring so much! You were with us at so many important events. Peace go with you with much bliss & joy!

Author: JE1947
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:09 am 
Having been through multiple cancer cases in my family, I have sensed that John had cancer for some time. I have watched & not said anything as he has been entitled to his own case. My wife died 24 February 2014. She is in my memory forever. It wasn't perfect. She returned to me in ashes. I do not know what my own fate is. None of us do. I know that I've seen many of my Vietnam vet friends die. Our health as a group has been crappy. Alcohol, drugs, smoking, weight, etc. Standing with my back to a wall, as Jews & political prisoners did in Auschwitz, Agent Orange was spread over An khe, Vietnam, Central Highlands, headquarters for the first crew of First Cavalry Division, 49,000 gallons of Orange & Blue or Green or Red ... and then more outside ... Depleted Uranium ... what the military has burned in Iraq & Afghanistan ... each war has had lethal environmental consequences ... and always will. War is death, one way or another.

John has provided us with investigative journalism when that was laughably shunned in this county. Alcoholics and drug addicts die of those those diseases, but the consequences of those diseases ... are never associated with premature deaths, or deaths that have been furthered by those problems.

John & I knew each other when Grant County Peace Coalition formed PRIOR to the beginning of the Iraq War. There were enough of us here who'd been through anit-nuclear; civil rights; anti war with Vietnam etc., and we weren't about to take the b.s. flowing down hill like an avalanche. We were prepared for a shxt storm of b.llshxt and it came.

So it goes. I'm not around to know what happens with John, and when. For a Catholic who has had Last Rites twice in my life (19 and 64), I know that being on the edge of DEATH is frightening and a difficult place to be. I hope for having more days ... a rough fall in early January convinced me that my days hiking alone were over. I now hike with who can hike with me. "Hiking Apacheria" got more words than it has been allowed lately, and I simply am not writing articles for words that don't allow me to tell my stories with a sense of completeness. A choice.

John was a real investigator. Rare. Sure doesn't come from local papers. Too much to hide. Or ignore. Or, just too lazy to dig into the situations that come out ... John went and still may go where others fear to tread. What next?? In a world with Trump throwing people out of their jobs with growing intensity, I feel WAR is always more possible than not. He is being shoved into a corner of his debauchery and sleaziness that I do not believe any other administration has ever dragged into the White House. I suspect everyone will need to be hosed down with very hot water before it is all done.

So, there it is ... amazing shxt for 2018. Just amazing. Go peacefully, John.

Author: jaxonb
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:41 am 
John, I've known you for several years, if only through this forum. Thank you so much for keeping a steady and level head through so many of our sometimes outrageous posts, and for your thoughtful contributions here and to our community at large.

Author: mimbresgranny
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:44 am 
I am going to propose we name the bridge on 90 in your honor. After all, every time I drive over it I remember that it is safer and will last longer ONLY because of you. It ought to be a memorial to the need for public vigilance. That is what you brought to us and we are better for it. Thank you for everything!

The blessing is that we can tell you how much we love you before you can't hear us anymore. You should know most of this town would traipse by your chair to give you our best wishes if that wouldn't be so much of a burden on you and your family. You have touched so many lives here including mine. Thank you for everything.
Linda P

Last edited by mimbresgranny on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Author: misha
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:19 pm 
John, I will miss our long talks..My heart has been heavy since I heard the news...Sending Moses,Teja ,Jayden,Willow hugs...I'm so sorry ..Love you John!!
Misha

Author: canuto
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:20 pm 
Teja and Moses, Our thoughts are with you during this stressful time. Tell John thank you for being such an important part of our community and for being such a fine and honest human being and for expecting the same from others. Let us know if we can do anything at all. Ken and Jeanie

Author: jamienewton
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:07 pm 
Dear John -

You were among my first guest journalists for Civil Discourse candidate roundtables on Gila/Mimbres Community Radio. I asked civic-minded friends to recommend a few people with deep knowledge of our community and dedication to the public interest for the guest journalist role, and your name was mentioned repeatedly, with respect. Your questions to candidates for elected office reflected your strong convictions, experience, and insights.

Over the past five years, you've expanded my awareness of local issues and been an informal mentor to me. I wonder if you realized how I valued our conversations when we chanced to meet at events, in the Coop, and just around town. The resource you pioneered and sustained - Gila Region Community News, Calendar, Forum - is an example of grassroots democracy in action. You made it a powerhouse of dialogue, information sharing, event announcements... a real platform for exchanges that are essential to a vibrant, self-determining community.

Thank you for all you are, and all you have given, John.

Marion and I send our love and appreciation to you, and we hold your family in our hearts.

- Jamie Newton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:20 am 
I like Granny's suggestion of dedicating the 90/Hudson St bridge to John. How can we go about promoting this?

Author: frances
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:10 am 
I am sad. Another touchstone in my (notice how it becomes about me) Silver City chapter fading. Around my second conversation with John he managed to push the clock back telling me about a time when he rode horseback tending a sheep herd. Really? On this alone, he is wedged in the SC chapter firmly. Go figure. I send you love John, with a sprinkle of rebellion. Frances

Author: Fenestra
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:34 am 
CALL FOR ACTION!
Words are nice but they fall short of what John and his family need NOW. They need FOOD! They need linens( pillows, comforters, blankets, twin sheets, flannel sheets, pillowcases, wash clothes, towels)! They need medical supplies( Blue Pads, soap, lotion, sheepskin, etc.)! They need help with laundry! They need willing volunteers who will give their time and effort to HELP. There is a ice chest out front (1124 Gold street) where you may leave food or drink. There is a laundry basket out front which you could take and wash and return. Regarding medical supplies: their finances are limited and dying is very expensive in this, the richest country in the world! Please help in any way you can...contact #: 575-654-6300.

Last edited by Fenestra on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Author: SW Green Chamber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:07 pm 
Dear John,
We could always count on you to get the facts on any story or issue and report the truth! I've loved that Cheshire cat smile (and glimmer in your eyes) which come through when you are delving to get more info!

I pray you have a painless and smooth transition to the other side...and that our paths will cross again when I get there.
All my best, Cissy

Author: mousie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:42 am 
Dear John,

Thanks for being there for me and my questions to which you responded with your vast amount of knowledge. While I never knew you personally, I glimpsed bits and pieces of your life. You are a very unique person, and I wish I had the pleasure of meeting you. I didn't know you had cancer, which ran rampantly through my family for years, and it's a nasty damaging disease. It's obvious to me that the Great Spirit needs you elsewhere and I pray you walk on in peace and dignity. Thank you for heading up this website for many years. I learned much about this community and its people before making the decision to move down here in 2005.

The Great Spirit is watching over you now and forever. Meadow is waiting for you.

In loving peace,
Mary-Anne
A/K/A mousie

Author: pekeclooney
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:23 am 
It saddens me to see a community champion leaving us. John is, and always has been, a man working to promote public safety and governmental accountability. We need more people like him in our community, for too few have the time, passion and energy to battle the system that needs to be held accountable.

Author: MineralMama
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:26 am 
Unfortunately, Joe Butts, the Hwy 90 bridge is already dedicated to all Veteran's. https://www.scsun-news.com/story/news/local/community/2016/11/11/memorial-veterans-bridge-dedicated-veterans-day/93664414/

Author: lisajimenez13
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:33 pm 
Dear John, I had no idea at all that you are ill, and I was saddened to read it here on your news network. If there is anything at all that I can do to help, I hope that you will let me know. Perhaps some Reiki treatments or help with that final transition process
? Please know that you are in my heart and in my thoughts. It's been a great pleasure to know you all these years. With great love and respect, Lisa Jimenez

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:29 pm 
John Crow passed away this morning - thanks for all the thoughts and best wishes. I can be contacted at 654-6300

Author: judithelise
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:07 pm 
I am so sorry to hear of John's passing but I am glad that his suffering is over. I know that there was a post yesterday from a member mentioning that his family, his caretakers, have needs. I called the number that Moses (John's son) listed on today's notice and told him that I don't have a lot to offer but I could drop off a small check to help with funeral expenses. He was very diplomatic and said that he certainly didn't want to be a burden but that he could use some help. I know everyone in this day and age uses "Go Fund Me" but I wanted to share with all of you who have appreciated John's contributions to our community that there is another low-tech way to give and show appreciation. I am going to drop off a check tomorrow at John's address and I urge others who are able to do the same. I feel it is the least we can do to show our appreciation for a man who went a long way to knit us together as a community.

Author: bdlb
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:03 am 
Checks may be made out to Moses Clark and sent to the POB listed on the index page, P.O. Box 1792, Silver City, NM 88062

Author: desertbloom
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:58 pm 
Our Dear friend, John Crow, has passed away.
John Crow passed away at his home, surrounded by his family on Saturday morning. I am sure I can in some way, speak for all of us who knew and loved him... when I say that we will miss his presence at the Farmers Market, the Coop, and wherever the ACTION in our town was happening... as he captured the flavor and true character of our town, and of the important, local,goings-on... through his continuing articles, over the years, here on Gila Community Forums. John and his son, Moses, have been at work, behind this site, as they worked together to create and modify the site, and to update things at Gila Community.Net. I am grateful for having the wide topic discussions, and Johns articles, have been interesting and SO USEFUL to us all, over the years. I feel so much gratitude for what you two accomplished here, and the HOURS and MONTHS of coding it took to create gilacommunity.net. Thank YOU.

May we all focus on John... and send him bon voyage energy... and good wishes.... as he re-integrates into the formlessnesss, from which we all come.... to dance here, for awhile.... May we all focus on John's immediate family... to send our condolences to them, and to support them as they transition to a life without their father, their grandfather, and for one, her great grandfather.

Thanks, John... for the honest and creative way in which you lived your life, and thanks so much for showing off your huge heart, so often, to so many. Much Love to you... and Happy trails. <3

Author: JE1947
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:36 am 
So, another from "the phalanx" of we sixties & seventies bunch who are gone. I attended the funeral of another Vietnam vet who died a week or two ago ... he was older, but we were in "the Nam'" same year. I am not sure what John's bona fides were with Vietnam ... don't believe he went or was there or what ... At any rate, as I mentioned ... I met John in the early days of Grant County Peace Coalition. He was out in front of our marches on several occasions & filmed us as we marched. We had a "teach in" a la the Vietnam War era. It went on all day with people speaking ... sharing extemporaneously ... he showed it & several interviews on CATS over the years ... filler after a time. I know that we talked many a time about "the War" after that & many political discussions.

Regardless of whether people who posted on this forum knew him or not, he posted many a line of discussion that showed he knew what the hell was happening in the world ... more USA than other international stuff. I was as much into international as national as that was my background

John, on the other hand, knew many local players in a form that allowed him to interview or get the real skinny. That was valuable ... & I believe it informed me of many issues I'd never otherwise known about. He was an investigator. I don't know what his background in California was but he was an investigative journalist to me. More than I can normally say about what happens the local sheets. We needed that. Fryxall did his best to shed light on local stuff ... out at least to Cruces. So, we will have a major voice that published daily on something. Yes, he was well informed on "the Bridge" and shone light on what the hell was happening around here. For a small town, there was more than one might expect. We have many who have worked politics in many ways. A well informed crew. I hailed from DoD Dayton, and then Yellow Springs, Ohio ... Antioch College.

John certainly enlightened me often ... we sometimes disagreed ... generally left v. harder left.

I hate to see people go with cancer. So much in my family. Good lord.

As before, God bless John. Nearly dying in 1966 & again in 2012, I' ve had the Last Rights twice in my life. Glad I did. Never an atheist, early raised a Catholics; sometimes an agnostic; Buddhist; Quaker; back to Catholicism when I nearly died in 2012, I hope I never go without ... I go out once a month to view the stars from a dark place. As a Big Book I read ... "it's hard to look into a starry night (for me) and not believe there is a Creative Being in charge." That's the story from where I am. Not sure where John was at on that. He was where he was. That was o.k. for me.

Author: siridharma
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:14 am 
The news of John's passing is very sad. I always looked forward to seeing him roaming the streets in his rainbow cap keeping an eye on things for us. He was a force to be reckoned with in his quiet determined way. Wherever he is now I hope he keeps an eye on his beloved community. Have a good journey on the other side Mr Crow.

Author: Used2B
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:25 pm 
I am so sorry to hear about John's illness. I've never met him personally, but I feel that I've come to know him through the forum. What an important voice he has in the community, and what a tremendous legacy! Not many people leave a long-lasting impression in their wake, but John certainly will! God speed, good man.

Author: n2ic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:03 am 
Sorry to hear of John's passing.

On Wednesday night, I was camping at the Sand Island, UT BLM campground. It is adjacent to a new, large bridge crossing the San Juan River. Every time a large vehicle crossed, there was a loud "thump" reverberating through the campground. In daylight, I went to look at it - as a bandaid, they put a large steel sheet at the interface between the bridge and the road. After John's investigative reporting, and educating the rest of us, I can only imagine what malfeasance or incompetence went into that construction project.

RIP, John.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:55 pm 
Looking for musicians who would like to play a lil at John Crow's celebration of life.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:49 pm 
Moses, if you are willing, can you please give us information when and where John's celebration of life will be?